Building Blocks Medical provides a range of in-house drug and alcohol screening services which are undertaken by qualified and accredited Nurses and Technicians, in accordance to AS4308.
Our Drug and Alcohol Testing services can form part of a pre-employment screening package, or can be undertaken as a stand-alone service. Testing is available on both a routine basis or ad-hoc.
Our range of in-house tests include:
- Laboratory Drug and Alcohol Urinalysis
- Instant Drug and Alcohol Urinalysis
- Instant Alcohol Breathalyzer
- Hair Strand Analysis
- GCMS Confirmatory Testing
- Saliva Swab Testing
- Kronic Testing for Cannabinoids
Further pathology testing of non-negative drug results are conducted by NATA accredited laboratories.
Calibrated breathalysers are used for alcohol testing.
Building Blocks can also provide onsite drug and alcohol testing services, billed as either a full or half-day according to client requirements.
Turn-around Times For Drug And Alcohol Testing
The following turn-around times apply to testing that has been performed at one of our 8 direct clinics:
- Laboratory drug and alcohol test results will be available on the SAME DAY if the test is performed before 12-noon.
- Laboratory tests performed after 12-noon may be available on the SAME DAY – but guaranteed for the following morning.
- GCMS confirmatory test results for non-negative screenings, drug-assay classes and cannabinoids are available within 48 hours.
- Kronic test results are returned within 3 days.